International Conference on Advances in Osteopathic Research
25th-26th November 2000 at the Law Society, London
This two day conference addressed current areas of osteopathic research.
Dr Frank Willard & Dr Peter Gibbons
Representatives from Australia, Latvia, New Zealand, Norway, United Kingdom, and United States of America delivered presentations on topics including :-
- Chronic Low Back Pain: Pelvic Rotation and pain Intensity Correlated.
- Spinal manipulative treatment.
- An EMG Study of Rectus Abdominis activity during four different abdominal exercises and the implications for clinical practice.
- The Amelioration of Atlanto-Axial and Cervical Rotation Asymmetry using High Velocity, Low Amplitude Manipulation: Is the direction of thrust important?
- The Osteopathic Management of Children with Down's Syndrome
- A retrospective pilot study of the costs and benefits of osteopathic manual medicine as an adjunct to orthodox hospital care.
- Effect of pre-emptive morphine and postoperative osteopathic manipulative technique on pain following total abdominal hysterectomy: A pilot study.
- The Effect of Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment on Headache Pain:
- Preliminary Results from a Randomised Controlled Trial
- Intra and Inter-examiner reliability for palpation of the cranial rhythmic impulse at the head and sacrum.
- Role of Osteopathy in Cardiovascular Patient Rehabilitation.
- The Effect of Manual Therapy Techniques on the Neuromuscular System.