About BCOM

BCOM has an international reputation for academic and research excellence

BCOM Timeline

  • 1936 - British College of Naturopathy and Osteopathy (BCNO) founded by Stanley Lief
  • 1942 - The College's initial site is destroyed by a direct hit from a bomb in the Blitz
  • 1949 - The College moves to Craven Terrace, Bayswater
  • 1953 - Hector Frazer donates Frazer House to the College
  • 1954 - The first year of teaching takes place at Frazer House
  • 1989 - Accreditation by the General Council and Register of Osteopaths (GCRO - the original private professional register)
  • 1992 - Honours degree validated by the University of Westminster
  • 1994 - Conversion degree validated by the University of Westminster
  • 1996 - Lief House site opened by Glenda Jackson MP
  • 1998 - Satellite clinic at Soho Community Hospital in London's West End opened
  • 1999 - RQ awarded to BCOM by the new professional register, the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC)
  • 1999 - The College launches the International Conference on Advances in Osteopathic Research (ICAOR)
  • 2002 - BCNO becomes the British College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)
  • 2003 - Frazer House extension completed
  • 2005 - Sector-leading research laboratory completed at Lief House
  • 2006 - New 3+2 Masters Pathway given approval by the University of Westminster
  • 2008 - BCOM validates its innovative undergraduate Masters in Osteopathy degree with London Metropolitan University
  • 2011 - BCOM celebrates its 75th Anniversary
  • 2012 - New validation relationship formed with Plymouth University
  • 2012 - BCOM Faculty members on Host Nation Medical Team at London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
  • 2013 - BCOM awarded Recognised Qualification status "approval without conditions” from the GOsC/QAA RQ report for the second consecutive time
  • 2016 - BCOM celebrates its 80th Anniversary

© The British College Of Osteopathic Medicine 2017 - All rights reserved