Facilities and Resources at BCOM
BCOM offers a strong balance of tradition and innovation in providing learning and teaching facilities and resources. The College has one of the oldest and most extensive osteopathic and naturopathic library resources in the United Kingdom, with the main library sited for over 60 years in the Frazer House campus, in the impressive Victorian mansion donated to the College by naturopathic pioneer Stanley Lief. The library maintains links to online medical, complementary healthcare and scientific resources including online access to journals and Plymouth University’s e-learning tools and library catalogues.
The College’s learning and teaching resources have expanded over time with specialist research facilities in the Lief House building; a lecturing wing and e-learning opportunities including Osteonet, BCOM’s intranet site for students and staff. Osteonet also offers a searchable electronic dissertation archive and access to past student presentations. Access to Plymouth University’s extensive resources is also available to students and staff. Both buildings are Wi-Fi enabled.
Since being founded in 1936, BCOM has developed into one of the UKs largest osteopathic colleges with a multi-part campus well located in London's Hampstead. Directly opposite the Finchley Road underground station and very close to bus and rail links, the College Campus is accessible both to the city and to areas outside London. The College buildings are adjacent and located in green space, but close to the shopping and recreational facilities of the landmark O2 Centre. Having separate buildings also means that the College can give different areas of the Campus different functions - for teaching, learning, research and clinic.
Much of College life is based in our largest site, Frazer House. This extensive, detached Grade II-listed Victorian mansion was built in 1883 and donated to the College by naturopathic pioneer Stanley Lief in 1953. BCOM has been based in Hampstead ever since. Facilities at Frazer House include:
The other principal site on the BCOM campus is the four-storey building, Lief House, situated directly opposite Finchley Road underground station. This was acquired by the College in 1996 and opened by Glenda Jackson MP. Facilities at Lief House include:
BCOM makes use of additional off-campus facilities, including:
BCOM has a range of lecture rooms available to hire for both practical and theory classes. Each lecture room has a computer and associated projector, whiteboard and flip chart.
Catering and refreshments can be arranged if required at extra cost.
Practical room L5 is in our Lief House building and the Muddiman room and Main Lecture Theatre are in our Frazer House building.