Part time Clinic Receptionist
The British College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) is internationally regarded as a leading specialist osteopathic education institution. The BCOM Clinic is a teaching clinic, renowned for providing affordable osteopathic care, where patients are treated by students, under the supervision of experienced Registered Osteopaths.
We have approximately 11,000 patient appointments each year and patients of all ages and backgrounds come to the Clinic for treatment of a wide variety of conditions.
As a receptionist you will be the face of the Clinic, greeting patients as they arrive, organising appointments and working with the Reception Manager to ensure the day to day running of our busy Clinic. The role will include:
- answering the telephone and taking messages
- making appointments and updating patient records using a computerised diary software
- dealing appropriately and professionally with enquiries from patients
- typing correspondence
- maintaining a filing system
- dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- dealing with clinic staff, students practitioners & general public
- other administrative duties as requested by Clinic Reception Manager
The ideal candidate must:
- have excellent working knowledge of IT i.e. Microsoft Office Packages (esp. Word and Excel)
- previous reception or customer service experience
- ability to work under pressure and in flexible shifts
- good communication skills and courteous disposition
- ability to deal appropriately with confidential information / records
- excellent team working skills
- excellent written and spoken English
- 17 hours a week over 2 days – Thursday (09:00-19:00) and Friday (09:00-18:00)
- You may be asked occasionally to work extra hours or more days in the week during certain times of the year, for example, during clinical competency examinations or during the college graduation ceremony (advanced notice will be given in each of these cases)
- The location will be the outpatient clinic in London in Netherhall Gardens, NW3, only a few minutes walk from Finchley Road tube station
Click here for the full job description and person specification.
To apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 07/01/2021